It is highly recommended to read the same closely:
1. Confirmation:Once you have booked a tour with TravelSense India (TSI) and the client (You) will enter into an agreement with TravelSense India.
- 1.1 To confirm your tour: We request You to please send us a mail confirming the same. A confirmation mail will mean you agree with the Terms and Conditions mentioned in this document.
- 1.2 Once You confirm: You also take responsibility for other participants of the tour, unless specifically clarified in a mail to the contrary.
- 1.3 Once confirmation is received in mail: Your tour is confirmed only subject to the impending payment.
2. Validity of Quotation:
- 2.1 The tour Quotation will be valid for 10 Days if sent 60 Days before and for 5 Days if sent after 60 Days of commencement of Tour.
- 2.2 After the time period mentioned above the Tour Quotation will be subject to change in hotel availability, change in flight costs, train or transport cost change or change in any other elements of the quotation.
3. Payment:Once You receive the Tour Quotation and have confirmed the tour You are expected to make a payment for the Tour with-in 15 days of your confirmation.
3.1 Payment schedule:
- 3.1.1 60 Percent of the Total Tour Cost must be paid as an advance to confirm the tour after the confirmation mail.
- 3.1.2 Balance 40 Percent of the Tour Cost must be paid at least 21 days before commencement of Tour.
- 3.1.3 In case the Tour is confirmed within 30 Days of commencement then 100 Percent payment is required.
- 3.2 Receipt of Payment: TSI will consider the day it receives the payment effected by the client in its bank account in New Delhi as the Day of Receipt of Payment. Any bookings of services in the Plan will be made only after we receive the payment. Till we receive the payment and make the bookings the hotels and other services will be on hold provisionally and the hotels etc have the right to release any such bookings.
- 3.3 After confirming the tour and making the payment You will receive the Tour Invoice and the TSI Travel Kit including all your relevant travel documents.
- 3.4 If You require then the balance 50 Percent can be paid in 2 or 3 installments as long as it is paid before 21 Days of commencement of Tour. No installments will be accepted if tour is booked 30 Days before commencement.
4. Payment Mode:
- 4.1 TSI at present accepts payments through Bank Wire Transfers or SWIFT, PayPal or any other means of online transfer.
- 4.2 Once the confirmation for the tour is received we will send You the appropriate bank details to make the transfer.
- 4.3 Any charges arising out of such a transfer i.e. credit card charges, bank transfer charges, PayPal charges etc are to be borne by You.
- 4.4 If after 100 Percent of the payment is received, it is found that the payment is short due to any transfer charges(as such mentioned above) then You will be duly notified by mail and balance will be payable at commencement of Tour
5. Currency & Currency Fluctuations:
- 5.1 TSI is able to receive payments in all major international currencies i.e. US Dollar, GBP, Euro, AUS Dollar, Canadian Dollar etc.
- 5.2 TSI will not bare any currency fluctuation losses. Quotation of the Tour Cost will be made in Indian Rupees and your currency of choice. The client is expected to pay the amount in Indian Rupees (in any currency) irrespective of Currency fluctuations.
- 5.3 If after 100 percent payment is received, it is found that the payment is short of the INR Quotation, you will be duly notified by mail and balance will be payable at commencement of Tour.
6. Cancellation Policy:As soon as You transfer and we receive the payment for the booking of the tour, TSI starts making advance payments to the vendors i.e. Hotels, BnBs, Transporters etc. The below mentioned cancellation policies are subject to the cancellation policies and refunds received thereof from the vendors after a cancellation or shortening of Tour.
- 6.1 You have the right to cancel or shorten the tour before its commencement.
- 6.2 The date of cancellation and/or shortening is the date on which the company receives notice of Your withdrawal in mail.
- 6.3 Shortening entitles reducing or changing days, passengers, hotel category, transport service, booked guiding services or any other services mentioned in Inclusions.
6.4 Cancellation Penalty Rules:
- 6.4.1 Cancellation from booking till 60 Days before commencement of Tour: 25 Percent Tour Cost
- 6.4.2 Cancellation 60-30 Days before commencement of Tour: 50 Percent Tour Cost
- 6.4.3 Cancellation 30-15 Days before commencement of Tour: 75 Percent Tour Cost
- 6.4.4 Cancellation 15-0 Days before commencement of Tour: 100 Percent Tour Cost
- Date of Commencement of Tour: This will be the first day of the tour as mentioned in the Plan.
- 6.5 Shortening Penalty Rules: TSI will try its best to get refunds from the service providers whose services will be cancelled as a result of any shortening of the tour. What ever refunds are received will be forwarded to You.
6.6 Change in Traveler:
- 6.6.1 Until the commencement of the tour You can demand You (yourself and fellow travelers) be replaced by a third person (of group of persons not less than in the original group) on the tour. If a third person replaces You in the tour then he and You will be responsible as joint debtors towards TSI for the tour costs and any extra expenses arising due to such change.
- 6.6.2Any expenses occurring out of such change will be borne by You or the new traveler i.e.: Flight Name change cost etc.
- 6.7 Refund Rules: TSI will effect the refund back to your account 30-45 days after receipt of email confirmation of cancellation of complete tour or part of the tour. If the some payments have been already made to the service providers, then refunds will be subject to their Refund Policies and as and when they refund the amounts.
7. Change in services:
- 7.1 Changes or deviations from services which become necessary after the confirmation and payment and which have been made in good faith are allowed only as long as they do not significantly change the overall tour plan.
- 7.2 Any such changes will be made only after there is no other recourse.
- 7.3 TSI will inform You immediately regarding any changes in the services. If required, TSI will offer You a change in booking free of cost or cancellation free of cost if you so request after the changes have been made.
- 7.4 If in the opinion of TSI there is a significant change in the tour or any integral service (i.e. accommodations) then You may withdraw from the contract without paying any charges or You may demand booking on at least an equivalent tour if the Company is in a position to offer such a tour without extra charges to You. You can exercise this right with-in 15 days of any such communication from the company.
8. Inclusions & Exclusions:
- 8.1 The services mentioned in the Inclusions in the Quotation are binding upon TSI.
- 8.2 It is Your responsibility to clearly understand the 'Inclusions and Exclusions' of the Tour you have confirmed. Once communicated and if there are no questions, it will be presumed they are understood and accepted.
9. Refund of unused service:
- 9.1 There will be no refund of unused services for any reason i.e. tour is cut short after commencement, missed flights or trains etc.
- 9.2 TSI will try to get any refund possible from services providers if possible and transfer it to Your account; however any such refund will be on the discretion of the service provider in question.
10. Force Majeure:
- 10.1 If after confirmation and/or payment for the tour, it is endangered, obstructed or forced to be cancelled due to natural circumstances or reasons beyond TSI's and Your control, then TSI as well as You can terminate the contract.
- 10.2 If the tour is cancelled, then TSI can demand appropriate compensation for the tour services already provided or man hours spent to arrange the services to be provided for the tour.
- 10.3 Further, the Company has the obligation to take all necessary steps to bring You back, especially if the contract includes return journey. The additional & extra ordinary costs for the return journey must be borne by You, if any.
11. Liability and Responsibility:According to the agreement between you and TSI, TSI is liable as under:
- 11.1 Offering the best possible tour plans for your selection, to best utilize your time and money in India.
- 11.2 Selecting the best available service providers for the selected tour according to your budget and plan.
- 11.3 Clearly mentioning all Inclusions and Exclusions of the tour and further explanation if sought by You.
- 12.1 Remedial Measures: If a tour does not take place according to the contract, then You can demand remedial measures. TSI can also provide remedial measures in such a way that it provides an equivalent substitute service. TSI can refuse the remedial measures if it entails disproportionate expenses.
- 12.2 Reduction in the tour cost: You can demand a reduction in the tour cost corresponding to the elements of the tour that are not as per the Quotation. No Reduction shall be given if You intentionally refrain from pointing out the defect.
- 12.3 Termination of Agreement: If the tour is hampered significantly due to a defect caused by TSI or by causes out of our control and TSI does not offer any remedial measure within a reasonable period of time, then You can terminate the tour contract in your own interest through a declaration in writing by mail.
13. Obligation to cooperate:
- 13.1 You must cooperate in case of disruption in the service within the framework of the legal regulations, to avoid any damages or to keep them at a minimum.
- 13.2 You must immediately inform TSI about any Complaints you might have. TSI is authorized to provide remedial measures, if possible. If You intentionally do not inform TSI about a problem or defect, then You cannot make a claim for reduction later on i.e. if you are not satisfied with any services or services during the tour, kindly inform TSI on the day itself.
14. Disqualification of Claims and Limitations:
- 14.1 You are obliged to inform TSI about any claims regarding the tour as per the Quotation within 15 Days after the end of the tour. After the claim period any claims will not be entertained.
15. Passport, Visa and health regulations:
- 15.1 You are responsible for acquiring the correct and necessary diplomatic permissions for traveling to India i.e. visas, permits etc.
- 15.2 TSI will not be responsible for the timely and proper grant of such documents. Any cancellation or charges arising out of postponement of the tour due to delay in grant of any such travel permissions will not be TSIs responsibility.
- 15.2 You are solely responsible for adhering to all the regulations important for the tour. Any charges, cancellations, claims arising due to non-adherence to the regulations, are to be paid by You except if they are caused due to wrong or non-information by TSI.
16. Jurisdiction:The courts of New Delhi, India will have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in connection with this Agreement. The jurisdiction of agreement of the Tour agreement for any legal proceedings will be New Delhi, India. If you wish to sue the company for any reason then you can only do so in the jurisdiction of the Tour agreement.
Version March 2013
The above mentioned Terms and Conditions are in no means drafted to create a one sided contract between TSI and You. Any contract that TSI will get into with You is with the single minded objective to provide a Tour and Services of the highest quality and best possible experience in the budget, time and plan mentioned by You.
If you feel any of the Terms and Conditions are not in your favor please get in touch with us at mail (at) travelsenseindia.com and we will do the best to resolve the matter. Until any such request the above are binding.