TSI Agra Rediscovered with Sohail Hashmi
A weekend trip to revisit & learn about the real Mughal history with
veteran Heritage & History Walk Leader Sohail Hashmi and
enjoy the sights, shopping and delicious foods of Agra.
About Mr.Sohail Hashmi
Born and educated at Delhi - did his Masters and M.Phil in Regional Development from JNU gave up his PhD mid way in 1981 to work among slum dwellers, shop hands and trade Union workers.
Began working for a living at age 41. Worked at media organisations like PTI TV, Home TV and BiTV, rising from script writer to executive producer (Programmes). Also worked as Media Consultant to the National Literacy Mission and was to later start his own media company, conceptualising, researching and scripting more than two dozen documentaries, including 5 half hours on walks through Shahjahanabad (Old Delhi ) and 4 half hours on the History and evolution of Urdu - the latter telecast on Discovery Channel for four years.
Ran, Leap Years, for 4 years. Leap years was a creative activity Centre for children launched by Knowledge Infrastructure Systems (KISPL). Sohail initiated his Heritage walks at Leap Years, also wrote a weekly column on Delhi called "Citiscape" for "The Hindu".
Loves travel, photography, cooking, listening to music and watching films and talking about all of these. His walks can be found on Facebook at "Delhi Heritage Walk with Sohail Hashmi"
- Step 1: Fill up the - Registration Form
- Step 2: Like and RSVP on the Fabecook Event Page
- If you need more information or want to talk, Call us at +91-851000 5900 or Mail us at mail(at)travelsenseindia.com
- Last date to Register and Pay - 27th February
Cost & Date of Travel
- Price: INR 7200/- Per Person*
- Tour Date: Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th March 2016
- Departure: Leave Delhi at 05:00.
- Breakfast: Reach Fatehpur Sikri by 09:00 and have breakfast enroute.
- Sightseeing: Visit Fatehpur Sikri at 09:00 followed by lunch and then visit Mehtab Bagh in the evening to see the rear view of the Taj, normally not seen by the tourist at sunset.
- Street Food Adventure: At 18:30 head to famous Chaat Gali at Sadar Bazaar to enjoy the street food of Agra
- Shopping: Bazaar's of Agra are a great place to buy Bangles, Jutti's, Marble Handicrafts etc at dirt cheap prices. After which you head back to the hotel and rest.
- Sightseeing: Early morning visit to Taj Mahal at 06:00.
- Breakfast: After the Taj visit head for breakfast at 09:00 - Bedmi(Daal Puri), Aloo Ki Sabzi (Potato Curry) & Lassi at the famous Devi Ram Sweet House
- Sightseeing: Visit Agra Fort and Little Taj, the Etimad-ud-Daulah (Nur Jahan's Father - Mirza Ghiyas Beg's Tomb) 11:00. Lunch in between at the famous Ram Babu Paratha Walla
- Departure: Leave for Delhi by 17:00 via Yamuna Expressway
- Transportation: Delhi-Agra-Delhi from a pickup point in a Deluxe AC Bus or Deluxe Innova Car.
- Guided tour with Mr.Sohail Hashmi
- One night stay in Agra on Double Sharing.
- Entry Fee to all monuments
- Any Personal Expenses, Meals etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
- We will be taking a Mini Bus or Innova Cars depending on the number of people.
- We will stay at a Deluxe category hotel with clean and spacious rooms.
- The event is subject to minimum 8 registrations. If we do not get 8 paying participants then we hold the right to cancel the event. Registrants will be notified by the 28th February.
- Food: If you think you cannot handle all this street food in 1 day, we can arrange simple meals and there is a McDonalds there too.
- Refund: For the trip to happen we require minimum 8 registrations. If we fall short your payment will be refunded in full.
- Pick-up: A mutually convenient pick-up point for morning of 5th March will be decided on the 28th February. The bus/car will not pick up the participants from their homes. On the 6th March evening the participants will be dropped back at the same point.
- The price is for Indian Citizens only. International Citizens will have to pay the entry charges to all the monuments over the tour cost.
'All the pictures on the website are taken by TSI team members or contributed by family & friends'